Manning's School Sixth Form
Here at Manning’s, our sixth form programme has been carefully tailored to meet the needs of our students. We pride ourselves on having one of the best programmes in Jamaica- one that provides a system of regular assessments; grading and feedback as well as close monitoring of students. This has resulted in our school being consistently placed in the top 5 of the yearly published National CAPE Ranking.
One of our top priorities is holistic development of our students. We provide a wide range of opportunities that will encourage the growth and development of our young people; they are encouraged to develop talents/ skills in a wide range of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. Students are consistently encouraged to challenge self and find a balance between work and play. There are also opportunities for internal bursaries and scholarships.
We are continually revamping our programmes and striving towards increasing our resources so that we can truly ensure that our graduates become “educated Jamaicans” of the 21st Century.
Goals of The Manning's Sixth Form
- To empower our students to achieve their fullest potential.
- To gain academic qualifications in the CAPE Exams as a Pre-Requisite for University studies.
- To gain intellectual maturity as students are exposed to a variety of teaching methods and good work ethics.
- To mature personally; incorporating all aspects of their social; psychological and spiritual well-being.
- To instill core values such as respect, honesty, tolerance, trust, discipline, responsibility, cooperation and punctuality.
- To prepare students to become leaders in any sphere of the world.
- To seek out and support the entrepreneurial talents and creativity of our students.